Thursday, September 27, 2007

X Change Wrap Up

Eric Peterson wrote a very nice, big picture summary post regarding the X Change conference (thanks for the kudos on my huddle, Eric!). I have to agree with him, it was a very positive experience primarily because it was so interactive. I tend to get bored at conferences (both as presenter and listener) because what I crave is impassioned discussion, not a one way dissertation. No matter how much you know, there is always more to learn, even if you're the so-called expert in the room. X Change created the opportunity to have these impassioned discussions, and I, for one, took advantage of that. I learned a ton. And I think the people in my huddles learned a ton, too. Not from me, but from each other.

Here's Eric's closing statement:

I’ll leave you with this parting shot about X Change, a comparison I’m shocked that nobody smarter than I has already made:

  • Emetrics is the Web 1.0 conference for web analytics where you will learn a ton and be very happy
  • X Change is the Web 2.0 conference for web analytics where you will contribute a ton and be very satisfied

Well said.

No comments: